This course cover 5G NR Air Interface, explaining the 5G network architecture, the 5G protocols and channels structure.
explain the Physical Layer Reference Signals, missive MIMO and beamforming, dual connectivity in 5G.
The 5G Procedures, Mobility and carrier aggregation.
This course is designed to provide a detailed knowledge of 5G NR Air interface and Physical Channels and 5G procedures.
This course is addressed to technical staff working in telecom and IT.Course Objectives:
By Completing this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss 5G Network enabler, 5G requirement and 3GPP standards evolution.
- Describe 5G network architecture and define the network element rules.
- Describe 5G network services and procedures.
- Describe 5G QoS architectures, parameters and flow, 5G NR frame structure and numerology.
- Describe 5G air interface Protocols and Physical layer structure.
- Describe massive MIMO and beamforming concept, principles and operations.
.- Describe the 5G scheduling, Procedures and 5G Mobility.
- Describe the dual connectivity and carrier aggregation in 5G network.
- 5G NR Overview
- 5G enabler
- 5G Requirement
- Standards evolution and time line
- Release 15, Release 16, Release 17
- LTE evolution
- LTE Vs 5G NR
- 5G use cases
- 5G Network Architecture
- 5G Network Architecture
- 5G deployment options
- 5G Access network architecture
- 5G Core network architecture
- 5G QoS
- 5G Bearers
- 5G Air Interface Protocols
- User and Control Plan Protocols
- RRC States and Functions
- SDAP Protocol and Functions
- PDCP, RLC and MAC Protocols
- 5G Physical Layer
- 5G Waveform
- 5G NR FDD/TDD
- 5G Frequency Bands
- 5G Numerology
- 5G Frame Structure
- Channel Bandwidth
- 5G Channels Structure & Mapping
- Logical Channels
- Transport Channels
- Physical Channels
- Physical Layer Mapping
- Physical Layer Processing
- Physical Layer Structure
- Downlink Physical Channels
- Downlink Synchronization Signals (PSS & SSS)
- Physical Broadcast Channel(PBC)
- Physical Downlink Control Channel(PDCCH)
- Physical Downlink Shared Channel(PDSCH)
- Uplink Physical Channels
- Physical Random Access Channel(PRACH)
- Physical Uplink Shared Channel(PUSCH)
- Physical Uplink Control Channel(PUCCH)
- Physical Layer Reference Signals
- DL and UL Demodulation Reference Signals (DMRS)
- Channel State Information - Reference Signals
- Sounding Reference Signal(SRS)
- Phase Tracking Reference Signal(PT-RS)
- 5G Massive MIMO & Beamforming
- Massive MIMO Overview
- Antenna & Beamforming
- Massive MIMO concepts & Principles
- Beamforming Management
- 5G Scheduling
- Dynamic Resource Allocation types
- Dynamic DL Scheduling
- Dynamic UL Scheduling
- Feedback and reporting
- Downlink Power Allocation
- Uplink Power Allocation
- 5G Radio Procedures
- Initial Access
- Random Access
- RRC Setup & Registration
- EN-DC Procedures
- 5G Mobility
- Idle Mode Mobility
- RRC States and Mobility
- Xn Based Handover
- RRC Inactive Mobility
- 5G Carrier Aggregation
- 5G Carrier Aggregation Overview
- Carrier Aggregation Configuration
- Releasing Carrier Aggregation
no prerequisites for this course.